Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Chuck Anderson wrote:

The main reason I hibernate is to save the state of what I was working on before. Rebooting could be a solution to this if:

- Rebooting is fast enough.  This is what this thread is about.

- Applications were written to save state as a matter of normal operation. Firefox is pretty good at this these days. See also "Crash-Only Software" [1].

It's fairly easy to save state in a program that only uses a stateless protocol...

---
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com