Re: What I'm going to do: Was: RFC: Description text in packages

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Richard Hughes wrote:

I don't understand why you want to mess with it at all?  Why can't you
show exactly what's in bodhi, or exactly what's in the rpm headers?

Because people
file bugs when
word wrapping
is not done
correctly

People also don't use the UTF8 chars in update descriptions or spec file
changelogs, and quite understandably, there's no bullet key on most
keyboards. Using a * is so 1980's.

Richard,
I'm sorry but I think if you're going to suggest a specialized format for the description tag and/or try to change pkgs to comply with this format or file bugs about non-complying pkgs then your suggestion should go to the Fedora Packaging or Fesco for approval. A change to the existing
standard is going to need approval from more folks.

You may also consider approaching the opensuse and mandriva folks to make sure they are onboard, too.

-sv