Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

package * is not installed
Where do you receive your notifications that your disk space is nearly
full, or that smartctl thinks a drive is dangerously near death?

Guess where those notifications go?  In /var/spool/mail/root.  Guess who pops
up a notification on my non-root desktop to notify me that my harddisk is
dying?  Nobody.

Ahh, so you've finally identified a problem that needs to be solved. Unless you think the distribution should cater only to people who don't care if their computers work or not?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com