Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:38:00 UTC 2008

On Wed December 17 2008 13:59:14 Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> 2008/12/17 Till Maas <opensource at till.name>:
> > They may also require /usr/bin/sendmail, e.g.:
>
> I think for the purposes of the discussion... anything which provides
> that file is something Behdad is going to rage madly against "needing"
> in modern personal desktop experience default install target.

Rightly so, I think. For the 'modern personal desktop' (hope I used the
correct quotes there :-), the critical system messages deserve to be delivered
to the active (or soon to be) desktop, rather than a passive log file.
The os from M$ may give warning by way of errors, but most likely surprises
you at next boot. IIRC, OpenSUSE aliases root to the first user, so there is at
least possible notification there...

jerry

--
To be named later.