Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Jerry Amundson wrote:
On Wed December 17 2008 13:59:14 Jeff Spaleta wrote:
2008/12/17 Till Maas <opensource till name>:
They may also require /usr/bin/sendmail, e.g.:
I think for the purposes of the discussion... anything which provides
that file is something Behdad is going to rage madly against "needing"
in modern personal desktop experience default install target.

Rightly so, I think. For the 'modern personal desktop' (hope I used the correct quotes there :-), the critical system messages deserve to be delivered to the active (or soon to be) desktop, rather than a passive log file.

What does that mean?  Has Linux stopped being a multiuser system?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com