Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Jesse Keating wrote:
Such notifications would not be likely to seen by me as I almost never sit near the machines where the disks live. Who gets them if multiple users are logged in via X or freenx? Or if no one is logged in at all, or if X isn't running?

Ahh, but to flip your argument on it's head, you know how to setup mail
delivery of such notices don't you?

Yes, but the point of loading a distribution instead of assembling your own linux from scratch is to have most of the grunge work for standard things done for you. Plus, if notifications are moved to dbus, I'd have no idea about how to catch them and deliver using standard protocols instead.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com