Re: Memory/filesystem corruption

Camilo Mesias wrote:
I've just added a pretty vague set of symptoms to the bug. It does
involve disk problems and an ATI graphics card though. If there's a
fix for the current problems it would be very welcome...

I'm seeing messages like these:

Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason b0 on CPU 0.
You have some hardware problem, likely on the PCI bus.
Dazed and confused, but trying to continue

Also, the characters and repeating graphics on Firefox are getting
corruption. I'm still wondering if the graphics card is
overheating/failing or something.

Could you do me a favor and do a pastebin of the output of alt-sysrq-t or 'echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger' (output in /var/log/messages).

I've had some similar issues on a number of machines with different hardware (and fedora versions) but the only common point was corruption in a section of the output of the above commands.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
Gnat Solutions, Inc