Re: Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Les Mikesell wrote:

> Hasn't there always been a problem with xfs and 4k stacks?  Or are you
> only talking about 64-bit versions here?

Well, we weren't talking about stacks :) but yeah, xfs can use more
stack than ext3, and on a complex IO path that can be a problem.  But
4kstacks are another thing taken as holy gospel (though only on x86 for
some reason) so I doubt that will change.

I'm not really serious about xfs as default, btw, but did feel it
necessary to re-educate on the whole "null files" thing.  :)

-Eric