Multiple packages from one tarball and spec file

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 20:25:47 UTC 2008

Conrad Meyer wrote:
> On Saturday 29 November 2008 07:42:50 am Trever L. Adams wrote:
>
>> Additionally, I have several packages I am thinking of doing (some of
>> which I have spec files for already). However, I am displeased with a
>> few of them that come from one tarball. There are several options
>> (crm114, dspam, or mailing back-ends for example) for dovecot-antispam.
>> The problem is, you cannot build one module for dovecot that does them
>> all, so the module has to be rebuilt with slightly different options and
>> must conflict with all other dovecot-antispam RPMs. Is possible from one
>> spec file and tarball? This would require different setup, build,
>> install and package setups. This is because the same module would be
>> built for each area, need to be packaged, and then move onto the rest.
>>

> Are you suggesting that in order for multiple things to Provide:
> dovecot-antispam they need to come from the same SRPM?
>
> Regards,

Sorry for not responding quickly. This email disappeared. The problem I
have is that dovecot-antispam has to be built specifically for each of
the three or four ways it works. (Being: crm114, dspam, mail forward and
some signature thing.)

Instead of having four SRPMs which are identical other than just a few
configuration lines and SPEC file changes, is it possible to build all
four from one SRPM or at least from one tarball?

Thank you,
Trever