Re: Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Suren Karapetyan wrote:
>
>> Not in this case.
>> Here we can easily separate a default checkbox from code change.
>
> Nothing is as easy as it looks. You have to patch software,  patch
> documentation, patch translations and test them.

Well, then that's a problem in how GNOME handles configuration.

If we want to change a setting like this in KDE, all we need to do is to
change one line in kde-settings, no code changes needed at all.

And I don't see why translations and documentation would need to be patched
at all.

        Kevin Kofler