Re: Usage of {_libdir} or {_lib} in noarch packages

Ralf Corsepius schrieb:
On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 17:30 +0100, Karsten Hopp wrote:
I've run a x86_64 mass rebuild of all our Fedora packages and found several noarch packages
which erronously use  {_libdir} or {_lib} in their spec files. rpmdiff shows this output:

./firstaidkit-0.2.2-5.fc11.noarch.rpm
removed    /usr/lib/firstaidkit
removed    /usr/lib/firstaidkit/plugins
added      /usr/lib64/firstaidkit
added      /usr/lib64/firstaidkit/plugins

As noarch packages can be built on any machine/architecture in koji, we'd end up with lib64 directories on 32bit archs

Here is the list of offending packages I've found:

Package        Owner
------------------------
ntfs-config    laxathom
firstaidkit    msivak
terminus-font  ndim
gdeskcal       pfj
libopensync-plugin-synce  awjb
cohoba         tjikkun
gnome-schedule farnold
common-lisp-controller  green
gcstar         tian
revisor-cli    jsteffan
jruby          konradm

Can we make it a policy to not use _libdir or _lib in noarch packages, please ?
Wouldn't it be better to let rpm set _libdir/_lib to match noarch
package requirements?

Ralf

I don't have any preferences on how we solve it, I'll leave that for FPC to decide.
But I think it needs to be solved or we'll run out of luck and build one of those packages
on 64bit anytime soon.

   Karsten