Re: Usage of {_libdir} or {_lib} in noarch packages

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:50:37AM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 17:36 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be better to let rpm set _libdir/_lib to match noarch
> > package requirements?
>
> What should it set it to? It has no knowledge of where the noarch rpm
> package will eventually be installed. Should we assume that /usr/lib is
> always correct (how Debian of me to even suggest this)?

Isn't the norach equivalent of _libdir _datadir? Or phrased in another
way: Shouldn't a noach package avoid both lib and lib64? I think we
even have rules already set for this.

I don't quite agree that rpm should start changing _libdir to point
to _datadir, but the packagers should probably patch up the packages
to use _datadir instead of _libdir if the package is indeed noarch.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net