Re: rawhide report: 20081220 changes

Le samedi 20 décembre 2008 à 15:40 +0000, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 14:13 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > If you disagree with the current rules, ask FPC and FESCO to change
> > them. Please stop trying to change the distribution packaging rules
> > without going through the instances appointed to regulate them.
>
> No, if you are unhappy with using "- " and want to make all spec file
> authors to use your UTF8 symbols, YOU need to ask FESCO.

I've discussed this particular point several times with past and present
FPC and FESCO members, so I know pretty well where I stand
guidelines-wise, and it's not where you think I am. And I don't demand
of other people to follow my spec writing style.

> Please, just stick to what everyone else is doing. At the moment it's
> just you that's being difficult.

If making it plain what the current official encoding and format of spec
files is is being difficult, yes I'm being difficult.

--
Nicolas Mailhot