Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:50:18 UTC 2008

2008/12/20 David Nielsen <gnomeuser at gmail.com>:

> 2008/12/20 Mark <markg85 at gmail.com>
>>

>> And for this entire issue where i made this thread for in the first
>> place. Don't expect me to be silent now. I will be vocal about this.
>> fedora has a "freedom" sign in it's logo so make that a reality!
>
> And you remain with the freedom to change the setting manually, create your
> own spin with the setting changed by default. Your freedom however does not
> extend to throwing a hissy fit on the development list because you're
> preference is not the default. We have processes for feature goals and there
> is upstream GNOME to have this debate with, both will get you input on the
> idea without pissing the rest of us off.
>
> I used to have the browser mode activated out of habit, but now because you
> made it your mission to spam the devel list and attack developers, I have
> changed the setting back and you know what.. I love spatial.

Good for you.

> - David

Then i will, especially for you, explain why i included those 2 other
lists (3 in total now)

fodora-general list
-------------------------
this list is included because this concerns the general fedora public
and to give it a more then just developer attention

fedora-devel list
-------------------------
this list is included because is where "features" for new fedora
released belong. if you want it or not this thread belongs there as
well.

gnome usability list
-------------------------
it is a setting in nautilus that i want to see with a different
default value and it affects the usability (in a positive way) for
gnome so that's why i included this list

and i had: nautilus list
I first had this list included as well but somewhere it got dropped of
by someone.. don't know who or why and doesn't matter much. changes in
nautilus need to be in that list so this message does belong there as
well.

And if this pisses you off, this really valid discussion, then you
probably just need to pass it.

To all other ppl. please keep the usability list included since this
really is something they should be aware of.