Re: rawhide report: 20081220 changes

Le samedi 20 décembre 2008 à 18:09 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:57:22 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote
>
> > If making it plain what the current official encoding and format of
> > spec files is is being difficult, yes I'm being difficult.
>
> So this is 'We do what we must, because we can', kind of?

It's a case of “if your application can not handle my conformant file
that's you application problem not mine”.

It's also a case of “if your application can not handle my UTF-8 it
won't handle someone else's UTF-8, and I didn't spend all this time
working on Fedora i18n support to help you do that”.

Furthermore, it's a case of “FESCO decides what conformant means in
Fedora, if you want to change Fedora rules you have to go before FESCO”.

And lastly, it's a case of “I don't take intimidation or bullying well”,
“I don't appreciate of being told I don't know Fedora guidelines when I
spent many hours (today included) improving them”, “I don't like seing
the valuable experience I gained going through text bugs summarily
dismissed” and “I'm tired of being ignored when I ask for some stuff to
be resolved FESCO-side so I'll do some ignoring in my turn”.

Is this sufficient for you?

--
Nicolas Mailhot