Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sat Dec 20 19:35:56 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> 2008/12/20 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>:
>> I don't think rpm packages are the right way to do this.  There
>> might be some interesting way to extend sabayon to be a
>> "configuration package tool", though.  That would be highly
>> experimental and  is likely something that needs some thought and
>> some work as a separate project for a while.
>
> Doesn't this fall under a possible spin concept?  We are talking
> about config changes.

Well, what comes to my mind when I read Toshio's idea is to
essentially create profiles (whether using sabayon or whatever).  Then
you wouldn't have any need to have conflicting config file packages.
The profiles would be installed where they are typically installed for
sabayon (I think that's in /etc/sabayon, though it's been a while
since I played with that).  Then, you could create users with specific
profiles.

(But I certainly don't care enough about the default desktop prefs to
worry about it.  I use coreutils as my file manager. ;)

The man who can make hard things easy is the educator
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson