Re: Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Once upon a time, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> said:
> Can you name one that concluded that splattering windows all over the
> place for every directory you visit was a reasonable thing to do?

You seem to have confused me with someone who cares which way this is
set (I use xterm, ls, cp, and mv as my "file manager").

In any case, the current value is already there, so changing it would
require showing why the proposed change is better.

Someone said that Nautilus in browser mode supports tabs now, which
might be a legitimate improvement.  However, tabs are useless for
drag-n-drop, so that doesn't improve over spatial mode.

Personally, when I've used a GUI file manager, I preferred the Windows
Explorer mode with two panes: left hand side is directories and right
hand side is selected directory.  You can chose one directory and drag
things from it to another directory, without having to have two (or
more) windows open.

I am in general against "change for the sake of change", "I'm louder so
listen to me", and "a bunch of +1 == the way it should be".
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>