Re: Proposed PackageRenaming guideline

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I would normally agree, but I have seen a number of cases where people
> got Obsoletes/Provides wrong and caused a mess. ;(
>
> I would like to see them get another pair of eyes on their package
> before pushing the renamed version out. Thats all.

Then maybe the guideline should be that the reviewer has to check for valid
Obsoletes/Provides, but any other checks are optional (as in: if the
reviewer notices something obviously wrong, he/she should report it and
request it fixed before approving the rename, but he/she shouldn't be
required to go through the whole checklist again)?

        Kevin Kofler