Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Dec 21 02:57:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 02:07 +0000, Clive Messer wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 10:39 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>
> > We are way way way past constructive discussion.  We were way past
> > constructive discussion the moment Mark posted asking for a vote.
>
> Sure, the original call for a vote was not the best way of "discussing"
> the behaviour, but the reality is that anyone wanting to see the default
> changed in Fedora is wasting their time. A decision was made that
> 'spatial' mode should be the default. That decision is not going to be
> changed. There is no need for a discussion. Well, at least that is one
> persons (my) opinion standing on the outside looking in.
>
> Regards
>
> Clive

To quote the maintainer in this very thread:

Yes, it is possible to
have a discussion of what the defaults should be, but it should be a
sane one with less emotions, no namecalling, a realization that someone
else (who spent many many years working on the piece of software) may
have a valid opinion, and a genuine interest in finding out the
reasoning behind the various options.

I have been convinced to change my mind by such discussions before, so
I'm not just blocking other peoples ideas. Of course, your random
rantings and namecallings don't exactly make me interested in having a
discussion with you.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!