Re: Should packages be quiet when nodocs flag is used?

On 12/21/2008 06:14 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
When we compose images for anaconda, we install a bunch of things into a
chroot using the nodocs flag.  MANY packages don't expect this and have
noisy %post sections (more often than not involving trying to call
install-info).
I've seen that too, I often install servers where there is no need for docs, being them either man or info pages. no man*, no groff, no pinfo

Should packages try to quiet this down or skip install-info if there is
no info file?
packages  should skip installing ALL the docs. info pages are doc.