Should packages be quiet when nodocs flag is used?

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Dec 21 06:02:36 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote, at 12/21/2008 01:14 PM +9:00:
> When we compose images for anaconda, we install a bunch of things into a
> chroot using the nodocs flag.  MANY packages don't expect this and have
> noisy %post sections (more often than not involving trying to call
> install-info).
>
> Should packages try to quiet this down or skip install-info if there is
> no info file?

Just for info:
Whether error messages on scriptlets should be completely silent or
not was once discussed (one year ago) and somes person said yes
and some persons said no.

ref:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-July/msg00046.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-July/msg00048.html