Encrypted home directory

Hi All,

Can we have the feature of the encrypted the home directory with out of the box experience.

Ubuntu is planning for the next release. This is not real motivation.

http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/jaunty/alpha2

But to have this feature on a laptop is very useful.

I know user can implement this with some configuration changes but for average person like me this could too much.

There is also not much of performance loss. Following is benchmarking from Phoronix,

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_jaunty_encrypt&num=1

Regards,
Sachin.