Re: Encrypted home directory

> The other reason to _not_ encrypt the system directories is so that
> system files can be easily mmapped into memory.  And after all, there
> is no secret in the system files.

  Remember also /tmp, /var/tmp and swap - where much a lovely secret can
be found!

  I encrypt /home and /swap and I bind mount /tmp and /var/tmp from
/home/tmp and /home/var/tmp for completeness. If you run certain
services you may want to bind mount /var out of the encrypted partition
as well.

 best,

   gene/