Re: Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
* Les Mikesell [21/12/2008 22:03] :
One is to plan a smooth transition into the next Centos via yum update to end up with a real long term supported system without duplicating any work on backported updates.

This, to me, not only conveys the intent : "I'm going to drain Fedora
ressources away from Fedora's mission" but also the intent "I'm going to
use thoses ressources to promote another distribution".

Better said as "any reduction in the fragmentation into incompatible flavors is a win for everyone involved with unix-like operating systems". Or, "any effort to separately maintain fragmented distributions is a wasted effort".

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com