Re: Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

* Les Mikesell [22/12/2008 09:52] :

> Better said as "any reduction in the fragmentation into incompatible
> flavors is a win for everyone involved with unix-like operating
> systems".  Or, "any effort to separately maintain fragmented
> distributions is a wasted effort".

The cure for fragmentation is to keep as close to upstream as possible
and encourage other distributions to do the same. I fail to see how
planning "a smooth transition into the next Centos" has anything to do
with it.

Emmanuel