Re: Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

* Ralf Corsepius [22/12/2008 13:51] :

> Right, implementing a fork is the last resort, when an opensource
> project's leadership doesn't want listen.

That's not true.

We've discussed this idea several times and, when people are told that
they need to show there's a group of contributors to this project before
infrastructure is dedicated to it, they don't fork the updates, they
start whining and making up a whole bunch of excuses to justify not
doing the work.

Emmanuel