Re: Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Now I don't think that idea is implementable in practice, at least not
without major changes to how both RHEL and Fedora are developed which I
don't think are ever going to happen. But it's the idea and I think Les
described it pretty clearly. I just disagree with it.

Right. Now I understand it better. A transition in between Fedora and EL, in a cycle. I don't think it is workable either. If RHEL was a strict subset of Fedora (the exact same binaries), even for a release, maybe. Currently it isn't and probably isn't feasible either considering how the development model works and the community (of contributors) in Fedora.

Rahul