Re: Encrypted home directory

Hi.

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:30:31 +0200, Nikolay Vladimirov wrote:

> Ok. I'm not really sure about this but I think that full disk
> encryption on a software level
> with a key storng enough will bring some performance loss. And some
> people just want
> some confidential files to be encrypted.

I'm running full-LV encryption for /home (and some other directories) in
my laptop, and the performance loss is nonexistant for me. Getting the
bits off the rotating rust takes quite longer then decrypting them.

After all, all the cores in that thing have to be good for something.

(Core Duo, 1.6GHz)