Re: rawhide report: 20081223 changes

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: rawhide report: 20081223 changes
From: drago01 <drago01 gmail com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Date: 12/23/2008 11:47 AM

Sorry but this starts to become annoying using weird symbols in the
spec file has no added value.
Why can't you just write a readable spec file like all other maintainers do?
Using some non default fonts makes it even worse.
Even when the fonts are displayed this makes the specfile "harder" to
read than using simple "-".

How about an enhancement to RPM for changelog text format checking? I know RPM checks the date to make sure it is incremented, so why not expand that to read the changelog contents? ASCII-only text? This shouldn't add too much overhead or be that difficult to implement.

Better yet, since Fedora/Red Hat are not the only users of RPM, is there a policy file that RPM could read that could enable/disable changelog checking? Just my usual rambling.