Re: Usage of {_libdir} or {_lib} in noarch packages

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 19:24 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 09:46:49AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> >
> > With python, if one part of a module is arch specific, but the rest is
> > noarch, the entire bundle goes into the arch specific directory, which
> > could be /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 depending on the arch.  Python doesn't
> > allow parts of a module to be in one path (/usr/share) and the other
> > part be in an arch specific path (/usr/lib64).
>
> Indeed, but even fully noarch modules go in /usr/lib instead of
> /usr/share.
>
> It is fine for mixed arch/noarch to be in %_libdir, but noarch
> should be in %_datadir.

I wasn't arguing for/against that, just explaining what was meant by
keeping modules together.  I'm sure upstream would have a lovely
conversation about putting things in /usr/share/

Even more fun to do that for Perl.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!