Re: New font packaging guidelines

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
> I'll have to look at the default settings as shipped in the
> matplotibrc file and add the corresponding dep.

It looks like its pre-configured to prefer bitstream fonts in its font
search algorithm. I can easily patch the default config to search for
the dejavu version instead.

thanks for the heads up. I should have this cleared up in rawhide in
the next couple of days.

Is policy compliance something which demands an update in f10 and f9?
I'm sensitive to the update churn rate issue, so I'm not planning on
updating f10 and f9 packages with this policy change unless a more
significant bug shows up as well that requires patching.  Unless of
course people feel strongly enough that f10 and f9 need to become
compliant asap.

-jef