rawhide report: 20081223 changes

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Dec 24 01:32:29 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 19:06 +0100, drago01 wrote:
>> > I agree.  Consistency is key to readability.  I guess we'll have to go
>> > make a Packaging Guideline now that says what characters are
>> > appropriate for use as bullets in changelogs.
>>
>> yeah if common sense does not work we need a guideline.
>
> Seems like that was his goal all along.  Terrorize us into forcing a
> policy on what is or is not allowed there.

The existing guidelines seem to cover this case (ie, the changelog as discussed doesn't follow any of the suggested formats):
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Changelogs

That doesn't prevent concoction of something that technically does follow the format to introduce more odd stuff.

-- Rex