Re: Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

On 12/23/08, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy nobugconsulting ro> wrote:
> I fail to see why no update at all is a better policy than "we update what
> we can when we can, but we no longer officially support this vesion of the
> distribution. Please understand that you are in uncharted territory, we'll
> try to help as much as we can but you might be better by simply upgrading to
> a newer distro."

Correct, you "fail to see". Take a broader, more open-minded, look at
what defines "we", and "what", and "when" in the above statement.
I'd really rather find "Upgrade to the latest", as opposed to finding
"Here's our wishy-washy state, hope for the best".

jerry

--
To be named later.