Re: Mailman breakage [Was: rawhide report: 20081227 changes]

On Sunday 28 December 2008, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Rawhide Report <rawhide fedoraproject org> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > rpmdevtools-7.0-1.fc11
> > * Fri Dec 26 17:00:00 2008 Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> - 7.0-1
>                                         ~~
> Yep, same UTF-8 mangling I see here with my mailman installation. Sigh...

Are you sure it's mailman's fault?  The copy I got of the original looked like
it was sent by something that just dumped its data into the body of the
non-MIME mail it created as raw UTF-8.  I suppose making the mails MIME
messages and indicating the correct Content-Type with charset info and an
appropriate Content-Transfer-Encoding would work better (+ possibly applying
e.g. quoted-printable for extra safety).