Re: Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

Jochen Schmitt wrote:

Hallo,

nowaday I have read in the german fedora forum, that grub is not able
to handle
ext4 file systems. In opposite grub2 should be able to support ext4.

I haven't looked at the code for grub2 myself, but most of the people I talk to that have cringe when they mention it. The people I talk to tend to be heavily involved in the boot process. As a piece of software engineering, it hasn't earned many fans among those most concerned with the change as far as I can tell.

--CJD