Re: Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Casey Dahlin wrote:
And it will likely continue to be built in and used, as more and more
solid state drives appear (journaling is a bad idea for solid state).

ext3 is also journaled, so using ext3 rather than ext4 to avoid the
journaling doesn't make sense, you want ext2 if you don't want a journal.

        Kevin Kofler

That's what I meant to imply. AFAIK ext2/3 are essentially the same driver (ext3 is a strict superset of ext2, so the latter can be mounted with the former's driver) so I'm pretty sure if we get one we get the other.

--CJD