Re: Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
2008/12/17 Jochen Schmitt <Jochen herr-schmitt de>:
/boot is a 100-200 MB partition on many machines.

...there's just no sense supporting /boot on anything
other than a 100-200 MB ext2 or ext3 volume.
Sorry... but that's just plain wrong.

Maybe my use case is odd... but my /boot partition is a *MINIMUM* of 5GB on all of my computers.

Why?

1.) I have a rescue image setup to boot if I need it...
and
2.) I have a ghost image I made right after installing this version of fedora.

I don't see why either of those should exist entirely in /boot. You are allowed further partitions. Nothing in /boot should remain relevant after we get a proper kernel in memory and enough modules to read the rest of the disk.

--CJD