Re: Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

On 12/29/2008 10:43 AM, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
Casey Dahlin wrote:
Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
Sorry... but that's just plain wrong.

Maybe my use case is odd... but my /boot partition is a *MINIMUM* of 5GB on all of my computers.

Why?

1.) I have a rescue image setup to boot if I need it...
and
2.) I have a ghost image I made right after installing this version of fedora.

I don't see why either of those should exist entirely in /boot. You are allowed further partitions.

Where else would they be better placed?
in /dev/sda2, also known as "hidden rescue partition".

I have no desire to clutter my disk with endless numbers of partitions,
indeed. only one additional partition is enough. and guess what ? that's what numberless laptop manufacturers do in order to store a ghost-ed backup of the main partition

and placing them in the root partition is just plain stupid.
I agree with you here

Again... where better to place the tools that can fix a broken system?
ughm ... did I mention /dev/sda2, also known as "hidden rescue partition" ?