Re: some package splits

On Jan 31, 2008 10:05 AM, Michel Salim <michel sylvan gmail com> wrote:
> Seems like we want a field like "Suggests:". That would accomodate
> Jef's idea of offering users to install missing packages (in this
> case, the set of suggested packages - installed packages) easily.

I'm pretty sure my idea can be done just with a re-parsing of a comps
file after a livecd is installed to harddisk, since the "defaultness"
of any subpackage as referenced in the first post of this thread is
defined with respect to comps.  Invoking a suggests tag is completely
unnecessary.  All I am asking for is that people using livecds which
deviate from default comps selections for the sake of saving space,
get a chance to install those missing default pieces.

-jef