Re: Firefox and Epiphany crash after today's updates

Le samedi 02 février 2008 à 02:51 -0500, Felix Miata a écrit :
> On 2008/02/01 23:15 (GMT+0100) Nicolas Mailhot apparently typed:
>
> > Fractionnal point sizes are not rocket science,
>
> One wouldn't think so, but exactly which apps permit selection of and
> actually use sizes specified in fractional pt?

Gnome used to, someone "simplified" the UI but writing fractions
directly in gconf-editor will still work I think.

> > there's no need to switch to a different unit (hardware
> > specific even) just to up the precision.
>
> The switch regarding mainstream mozilla apps is ancient history,

Mozilla can do whatever it wants on systems with no clear conventions,
on Linux desktops where everything is in pt it should respect the system
conventions. There's one thing worse than a bad convention it's a
smartass that ignores it when everyone else follows the rule.

--
Nicolas Mailhot