Re: PackageKit, localisation and koji

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:50 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 08:31 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > RPM spec files are rarely localised. This doesn't matter much if you
> > speak English, but really sucks if you don't. We can't add all
> > translations to all the packages in the world, but we can do our best to
> > be clever:
> >
> > http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/pk-application-extra.png
> >

> What about specspo? This includes translations to quite a number of the
> packages we have and it already exists.

I didn't know about specspo, thanks. When I install specspo I just get
these:

[hughsie hughsie-laptop ~]$ rpm -ql specspo
/etc/rpm/macros.specspo
/usr/share/locale/<locale>/LC_MESSAGES/redhat-dist.mo

How can I actually get the package summary in the french locale for the
"gimp" package for example? Do I have to use gettext for each language
and pass it in the C locale summary or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Richard.