no debuginfo built - why? (solved - unbelievable)

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Sun Feb 3 23:56:40 UTC 2008

Till Maas wrote:
> On Sun February 3 2008, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>
>> The famous "macros have no context" "feature" of rpm... ;)
>
> Is there something I can bookmark about this in the web? I first believed that
> this could be the mistake here, but then I thought this cannot be. ;-)

Maybe http://www.redhat.com/advice/tips/rpm_revisited.html :

Note

    Avoid using percent signs (%) in comments. They may get interpreted
as RPM macros. See Chapter 10 for details.

Chapter 10 of what?  Not sure.  Maximum RPM says:

To create a comment, enter an octothorp (#) at the start of the line.
Any text following the comment character will be ignored by RPM.

which is not quite right, as you found.

:)