Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2008-FEB-04

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-feb-04

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Alpha ==
 * Tuesday the bit gets flipped
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/9/AlphaTreeTesting is the test status page

== Reversing the netapp streams ==
 * scheduled for today--we're working on pushing it back after the alpha
* change setup so that the content we generate in PHX can be put on a netapp in PHX * instead of rsynced to RDU to be put on a netapp in RDU, and then mirrored by netapp back out to PHX * this will result in shorter times between compose and visible to the world for things like rawhide and updates
 * may delay the rawhide/updates for a bit

== gcc 4.3 ==
* gcc4.3 is in the buildroots for dist-f9 now, and some fallout has happened, namely kernel.
 * striving to complete a mass rebuild before beta release

== perl-5.10.0 ==
 * Feature page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Perl510
 * 300 perl dependent packages as a sample set
* these packages were the base for which virtually all of the other perl dependent packages depend on
   * out of those 300 about 60 more to build
* once complete the plan is to merge the new perl and the rebuilt bits into rawhide * Fedora is the place where perl-5.10 was really first tested/used and the development ground for getting all the upstreams ported to the new perl

== IRC Transcript ==