baracuda/vnc in f9?

Benjamin Kreuter ben.kreuter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:49:35 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 14:57:01 Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> Well for the client side of things there's a much better VNC viewer in
> the form of Vinagre which is the new GNOME viewer using GTK-VNC. Unlike
> any vncviewer code derived from RealVNC it actually integrates with and
> uses modern desktop capabilities - eg, gnome-keyring, avahi discovery,
> bookmarking of connections.

There is already a program in our repositories that does that, except that it
is for KDE.  Krfb will use the KDE keyring (KWallet) and can use zeroconf (or
Konqueror will kind them and launch Krfb).

We won't stop including vncviewer in the repos, will we?  Some people may have
scripts or programs that interact with it (for example, a small script for
remotely helping people).

-- Ben

--
Message sent on: Tue Feb 5 15:47:06 EST 2008