Re: yum and yum-updatesd in Rawhide

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 18:42 -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:

> I suppose that might be because I'm not understanding how we decide if a group
> is installed or not.

 Very likely. There are no "installed groups" there are only installed
packages, which are part of one or more groups.
 When you run "yum groupinstall" you are, in reality, just installing
the set of packages in the group(s) listed and the result is exactly the
same as if you had listed the packages manually and used "yum install".
Dito. "yum groupremove" and "yum remove".

--
James Antill <james fedoraproject com>
Fedora