Glade(2/3) and Anjuta in comps-f9.xml

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 14:21:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 19:43 +0530, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
> > I'd say that depends entirely on whether glade3 can handle all glade
> > files produced by glade2. Can it ?
>
> http://glade.gnome.org/ says: "...respects the same XML format as
> glade-2" However, I am yet to verify the truthfulness of this claim. I
> plan to look into it once I am finished with Anjuta.
>
> In case they are incompatible and we decide to continue with Glade2,
> then we might need to drop Anjuta, since Anjuta will most likely have
> Glade3 as a dependency. Or would we then want to split Anjuta into
> -plugins or -glade3?

I don't see any issue with letting glade2 and glade3 coexist for a
while. And I don't expect there to be any explicit incompatibility, I
just fear that there may be some issues when using glade3 on glade files
that have been produced by glade2. Either way, I really hope that we
will soon see a ui builder that supports the GtkBuilder format.