Head Up: Prepare for dropping fuse group in the nearest future

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 09:53:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 00:38 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:

> Does this mean GNOME gets gvfs and other non-GNOME desktops have to fend
> for themselves?

You keep bringing up GNOME vs other desktops in this discussion. I don't
know what this has to do with the fuse group question really. Gnome has
gio/gvfs, kde has kio, other apps have other i/o libraries.

gvfs additionally allows applications that don't use the gio API access
to its files, which is nice for users. I don't understand how that means
non-gnome desktop have to "fend" for anything.