Re: comaintainership

Till Maas wrote:
On Thu February 7 2008, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

Hi Cristoph, I'm willing to sponsor you so that you can work on this
package.  We don't have a procedure to do this specific thing yet
(sponsorship of someone into cvsextras so they can commit to a single
package) so either find me on IRC (abadger1999 on fedora-devel) or send

Does he really need cvsextras membership?

Yes.
Is it not enough to apply for commit access in PKGDB? I do not know, but with this fine-grained policy settings in PKGDB, this seems to be something that should be possible or be easily implemented, e.g. require cvsextras for maintainership of a package and cla_done for commit access.

We would like it to be. Although probably with a different group from cla_done filling the "commit to a single package" role. If you'd like to work on it, get in touch with me. We need to come up with a plan to make changes to the filesystem permissions and cvs acls system we're using with the cvs repository in order to make this work.

-Toshio