KDE4.0 Rawhide in Qemu - cirrus driver and QEMU

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 02:21:57 UTC 2008

> Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell <at> alumni.clemson.edu> writes:
> > cirrus video driver
>
> Can we get this driver to claim the QEMU PCI ID by default? It's probably more
> efficient than vesa and it also works around the vesa driver crash.

It's actual emulation of the Cirrus chip and thus uses the Cirrus pci
id.  But as of the alpha, the cirrus driver hadn't been fixed up for the
libpciaccess changes in X and so we needed to fallback to vesa.  Should
be back to using cirrus for now.

Although longer term, it's probably worth spending the time to fix up
the VMWare SVGA emulation from qemu to work with kvm... just not enough
round tuits

Jeremy