Re: call for brave ext4 testers in F9, with caveats

.> Josh Boyer wrote:
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:31:30 -0600
Eric Sandeen <sandeen redhat com> wrote:

Eric Sandeen wrote:

You can explicitly mount it as -t ext4dev, and the next file created
will make a non-backwards-compatible change when it writes in extent
format.  From then on, it's an "ext4dev" filesystem with mostly
non-extent ext3 files on it.  :)
Oh, and getting some airtime on that configuration *would* be good, too.

What's the likelyhood of it being yanked in F9 final?  I'd hate to
switch over and then have F9 final say "you're stupid wtf is this
filesystem?"

It's my goal to have it ready for, and remain in, F9.  So far I don't
expect failure.  But I'll refer you back to the $SUBJECT.  :)

-Eric

Today, 20080207, installed Fedora 9 Alpha on LV (except home is ext3 part). Specified ext4 during partitioning. Seems to be ok, but: system-config-lvm says the LV is ext3. I don't know how to disply the file system type for an LV except with system-config-lvm. Does anyone reading this know of a safe way to check?

Regards,
Old Fart